Hi, I’m Michelle Bright.
I’m running for re-election as Benton Township Trustee.
Why I’m running for office
I started in this positing in March of 2012 when I was chosen to replace my predecessor, who resigned under controversial and concerning circumstances. During this time in office, I’ve been able to accomplish several goals including:
- I helped the township recover from the actions of the previous Trustee, who misappropriated and embezzled taxpayer funds.
- I started a food pantry at the township in partnerships with the local 4-H and private donors so that residents coming in for Township Assistance can receive 3 bags of essential items such as food, cleaning supplies, paper products, and feminine hygiene products.
- I contracted with a local company to conduct a complete historical restoration of two of our four township cemeteries (Fleener and Frye/Taylor/McGowen).
- I maintain a township website with township information, Board meeting schedules, and minutes so that taxpayers can see what’s going on in the Township even if they can’t attend meetings.
- I coordinated the movement to consolidate our fire and emergency services with the Monroe Fire Protection District so that we have full time personnel at our fire station. This has improved response times by almost 5 minutes and may decrease insurance premiums (depending on your insurance company).
If re-elected, I would like to build upon my accomplishments in the following areas:
- Increase accessibility, marketing, and outreach about our Township Assistance programs.
- Continue to add to existing documentation about the history and people in our township cemeteries.
- Continue to be transparent about the activities going on in our office.
Register to Vote Online
Register to vote online by visiting http://www.indianavoters.com/. Indiana residents with a valid Indiana driver’s license or Indiana state-issued identification card will be able to use this tool to submit a new voter registration application or to update an existing voter registration record.
In addition to registering to vote online, http://www.indianavoters.com/ provides Hoosiers with the ability to validate their voter registration status, find their polling place location, look into their provisional ballot status information, find county contact information, and determine “Who’s on My Ballot?” for an upcoming election.
Stay tuned to this website for more information as the year progresses.
Last updated: March 31, 2022